My neighbour’s house is on fire
by John Gohorry
Sat 7th Nov 2015
- what on earth can have caused it?
A candle left unattended?
A frying pan left on the cooker? Bad wiring?
Was it carelessness? Arson?
Petrol poured through his letterbox?
Was it visitors? Burglars? Relatives?
Friends? Fire raisers? Houseguests?
Was he storing inflammable liquids?
Ammonium nitrate? Aerosols?
And what’s he done to deserve this
now his house has burned down?
What will he do? How live?
Where will he find a home?
These are just some of the questions
police will want answered
now I call Fire and Rescue
seeing smoke under my own stairs.